1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
1 3/4 cups blueberries
1 box Betty Crocker Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
2 tbsp lemon zest
1. Cream butter and cream cheese with mixer. Add the egg lemon extract and lemon juice and mix until combined.
2. Add the cake mix. I do this by mixing with one hand and pouring the cake mix with the other a little at a time. Don’t put the cake mix in all at once it will be hard to mix.
3. Now you will very carefully and slowly fold in the blueberries. You don’t want to break them so go slow and easy and take your time.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 2 – 3 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6.Roll into 1 – 1 1/4 inch balls. Dough might be sticky when your rolling your cookies so just roll as best you can. I sometimes dampen my hands with a bit of water. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks.
7.In a bowl mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Drizzle over cooled cookies.